Your privacy is important to Epsom WI. This privacy notice provides information about the different types of personal information that we collect and the ways in which we use it.
1. Who are we?
Epsom WI was formed in 1968 to offer friendship, support and education to members. We are a member of the Surrey Federation and the National Federation of WI’s. We are registered as a charity with the NFWI
2. When do we collect personal information about you?
We may hold information relating to you from a number of sources, and will collect personal information about you:
a When you give it to us directly
For example, personal information that you submit via the membership application forms, contacting us through the "Contact Us" form on the website, or any personal data that you share with us when you communicate with us by email, phone or post.
b When it is entered into the MCS by Epsom WI’s representative The MCS Rep will store your membership details in the Membership Communication System (MCS), then return the forms to you.
3. What personal information do we use?
We will collect, store and otherwise process the following information as part of your Epsom WI membership:
- Your name and postal address, email address [if applicable], telephone number(s), and social media identities if you opt to provide them;
- Your communication preferences;
- Any other personal information you choose to share with us.
4. How we use your personal information
Epsom WI may use your personal information:
- to provide you with information about Epsom WI news and events
- to provide access to “member-only” services such as contact lists
- to audit and/ or administer our accounts;
- to satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us, for example in relation to law enforcement requests or due diligence checks before accepting major donations;
- for the prevention of fraud or misuse of service; and
- for the establishment, defence of enforcement of legal claims.
5. Lawful processing
We are required to rely on one or more lawful grounds to collect and use the personal information that we have outlined above. We consider the grounds listed below to be relevant:
- Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information in a certain way, for example where we ask for your consent to send you a newsletter, or photographs.
- Contractual Relationship
- Where it is necessary for us to process your personal information in order to perform a contract to which you are a party
- Legitimate Interests
- We rely on this basis where applicable law allows us to collect and use personal information for legitimate interests and the use of your personal information is fair, balanced, and does not unduly impact your rights. For instance, it is in our legitimate interest to promote the aims and objectives of Epsom WI and to use the personal data of members in order to do so.
7. Do we share your personal information?
Epsom WI does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to other third parties.
8. Securing your personal information
Epsom WI will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We restrict access to those who have a need to know.
10. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will generally remove your personal information from our records as soon as you are no longer a member of Epsom WI
11. Your rights and preferences
Epsom WI may contact you by post, telephone, email, social media or other electronic means depending on the communication preferences you have previously indicated.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
When we use your personal information you have the right to:
- Ask us for confirmation of what personal information we hold about you, and to request a copy of that information.
- Request that we delete the personal information we hold about you, as far as we are legally required to do so
- Ask that we correct any personal information that we hold about you which you believe to be inaccurate.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we: process on the basis of the legitimate interests ground;
- Ask for processing of your personal information to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- At any point you can request to unsubscribe from any Epsom WI newsletters sent to you have subscribed to, or remove your personal information from the database by contacting us.
We may also need to retain some financial records for statutory purposes, for example Gift Aid.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
12. Other websites
Epsom WI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked web sites. Please review the privacy notices of such websites.
13. Updating this privacy notice
Epsom WI may update this privacy notice by posting a new version on our website. If we update this privacy notice in a way that significantly changes how we use your personal information, we will bring these changes to your attention. Otherwise, we would recommend that you periodically review this privacy notice to be aware of any other revisions.
14. How to contact us
If you have any concerns with how your personal information is collected, used and stored by Epsom WI please contact - The Secretary Epsom WI at email@example.com
Last updated: 1 December 22019